info

At age 11 and out of the blue, Jimmy lost his balance. His diagnosis is Acute Cerebellar Ataxia. He is currently wheelchair bound and we are working hard to find whatever it is that we need to fix. Here's where I'll try to keep everyone in the loop about what's going on.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday, May 14

Not much to update today, although we did hear that the rest of the results from the lumbar puncture came back normal. So that was a colossal waste of heartache, but as I said and as I know, you don't know it's clear unless you test it. Jimmy spent the day at the Zoo, he said it was his favorite of the field trip days. Personally, I'll be glad when he's back to spending his days at school where I know I can check up on him 800 times or so in a day.

We visited with friends this evening, good friends with good kids who go with the flow when one of their playmates shows up in a wheelchair.

He was tired when we got home after a long day, he had a meltdown. He gets so mad at himself when he breaks down, but it's a relief to me. He's been so stoic throughout this ordeal. I've cried way more than he has, and I want him to know that it's okay and healthy to let those feelings out. This sucks, we don't have to pretend that it's okay. It's going to be okay, but right now it is anything but. It's good to laugh, but it's okay to cry.

We're looking forward to the weekend, pool time and family time and who knows what to expect any more???? We'll go with the flow, that's how we roll.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Schnookie-pie. I love your guts, every single one. Your boy is lucky to have a mama bear such as yerself. Look. At. Yerself.

    As always I wish I were there to take care of you. Or at least make a good stiff batch of margies....

    I cracked up when I saw my phone this morning: "Totes victorious." Can't get much better than that....

    Love you.
    xxxEllie

    ReplyDelete